Part of the meaning of this is my new year resolution to keep the grumpy bastard part of me in check. The other part is about trying to smash all the stereotypes surrounding the zodiac cancer sign. Not that I believe or follow any of that stuff, I just seem to very closely identify with some of the negative descriptions of said sign. For example:
- tend to go through life with a crusty shell around them
- they will hold on to something even at the expense of losing a claw
- known to withdraw into a pile of rocks
- their sensitivity can be interpreted as antisocial or hermit-like
- they can use emotional manipulation to get what they want
- tend to not be ambitious and prefer a passive life
- brooding or touchy
- usually respond with emotion rather than physical activity, practicality or intellect
- tend to live in the past
- need for security may pass up opportunity
So yea, there's good attributes too. Like being protective of family, being tuned into others, devotion and being artistic.
And IF I believed any of that zodiac stuff, I'd keep all those and just beat the christ out of the other tendencies as I would a freshly steamed king crab carcass at Big Daddy's Crab Shack!
TO HELL WITH YOU, YOU CRABBY BASTARD.